October 20, 2008

Review: La Mer cream

For the past 2 months, I was testing La Mer cream. The moisturizing cream cost me $250 CAN! Even though my skin is smooth, the cream made my skin smoother, but the only dilemma is that it is too rich for me. My combination skin produced more oil than usual, and felt so greasy. It was nasty. The cream is very rich and creamy. It has a refreshing feeling with an ocean breeze scent. The scent is not over powering that will make you gagged. With winter just around the corner, I think I can salvage this product when winter comes. Canadian wheather is extremely cold, and can turn a combination skin into a dry, flaky skin. So unattractive!! La Mer brochure states that after using their products, "skin becomes softer, firmer, looks virtually creaseless. Aging lines and pores are noticeably less visible. Even the driest of complexions are healed. Sensitivities are soothed."

Before leaving with the product, the woman at the La Mer counter showed me how to apply the cream. She did not let me leave until I was doing it properly. By rubbing the cream between the fingers, this will activate and release the algae and other essential ingredients. Afterward pat the cream on the surface of the skin. Do not rub like you normally would do with other moisturizers. Apparently by patting, the algae and other ingredients will penetrate evenly on the skin.
The cream was created due to an accident. "Crème de la Mer was conceived under extraordinary circumstances. Years ago, Dr. Max Huber, an aerospace physicist, suffered a horrific accident — a routine experiment exploded in his face — covering him with severe chemical burns. Neither science nor medicine offered sufficient promise of help, so Huber decided to help himself. Twelve years and 6,000 experiments later, he perfected the Crème that would help give skin a dramatically smoother appearance."

In the end, La Mer cream will better suit a person with dry or normal skin type. It is beneficial for dry and sensitive skin due to the instant soothing effects that it produces when applied.
À BientÔt

No comments: